Friday, May 25, 2012

Friday flowers


I thought it would be interesting to put a really over-the-top showy flower in a vase with some really subtle ones. Frustratingly, the peonies haven't yet opened up. So here is a calla lily, with some fringecup (Tellima grandiflora).

The fringecup is a Pacific Northwest native, bought last year from the Native Plant Society yearly sale (pretty much the highlight of May, as far as I am concerned). The plant I bought last year came back, and another much larger fringecup appeared in another garden bed. Huh. Anyway, I'm not complaining. The flowers have lasted a long time on the plant--I wonder how long they will last as cut flowers.



Friday flowers photobombing!



Seemed like an appropriate vase for the calla lily.

 

And as a bonus, here's an iris stem that I rescued a few days ago from a half-trampled state. The guilty party is either feline, procyonid, or small hominid, but I can't be sure which.


 The bloom smells like grape soda. Should I be worried?

No comments:

Post a Comment